Monday 20 September 2010

Pesto Turkey Burgers

I think this might just be my new favorite burger recipe. A few weeks ago, my mom gave me the mission of finding a new and interesting burger recipe. When I found a recipe that contained both feta cheese and pesto (both loved and oft used in this house), I knew I had stumbled upon a winner. I made them for the first time up at the NY cabin and it was a crowd pleaser.



Ingredients


1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons basil pesto
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Full recipe on allrecipes.com.


Today there was a bunch of feta in the fridge and a bit of pesto leftover from an earlier batch. Homemade pesto, I might add, made with basil from my mother's garden and toasted almonds instead of the usual pine nuts. I didn't feel like chopping garlic (for probably the first time ever), so instead of using seasoned salt, I used garlic salt. I also tossed in some extra feta, some dried oregano, and a dash of this dried onion mix goodness that resides in the spice cabinet.

Tasty and simple. A real winner twice over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment